Jennie’s Distributed Co-Ops Reading List
Resources and readings on DisCos.
A Distributed Cooperative Organizations (DisCO) is an organisational model for cooperative groups that take a friendly but carefully planned approach to people working together to create value in ways that are commons-oriented, P2P and rooted in feminist economics.
- The DisCo Manifesto
- The DiSCO Elements
- What is DisCo
- Distributed Cooperative Organization (DisCO) Governance Model V 3.0
- Guerrilla Media Collective - A Wiki for Distributed Cooperative Practices
- The The Guerrilla Translation Handbooks
Other cooperativism texts:
- From Platform to Open Cooperativism
- The Commons Transition Primer (P2P Foundation)
- Re-Imagining Value: Insights from the Care Economy, Commons, Cyberspace and Nature
- From the Communism of Capital to Capital for the Commons: Towards an Open Co-Operativism
- The Role of Cooperatives in Achieving the Sustainable Development Goals - the Economic Dimension (PDF)
- Free, Fair and Alive: The Insurgent Power of the Commons
- Ours to Hack and to Own Here, for the first time in one volume, are some of the most cogent thinkers and doers on the subject of the cooptation of the Internet, and how we can resist and reverse the process. The activists who have put together Ours to Hack and to Own argue for a new kind of online economy: platform cooperativism, which combines the rich heritage of cooperatives with the promise of 21st-century technologies, free from monopoly, exploitation, and surveillance.
- Patterns for Decentralized Organizing by Richard D. Bartlett
- Big Enough by Lee LeFever Big Enough is about a healthier approach to building a business. Learn how to design a business that supports values that matter to you.
- Everything for Everyone: The Radical Tradition that Is Shaping the Next Economy by Nathan Schneider Since the financial crash of 2008, the cooperative movement has been coming back with renewed vigor. Everything for Everyone chronicles this economic and social revolution—from taxi cooperatives that are keeping Uber and Lyft at bay, to an outspoken mayor transforming his city in the Deep South, to a fugitive building a fairer version of Bitcoin, to the rural electric co-op members who are propelling an aging system into the future. As these pioneers show, cooperative enterprise is poised to help us reclaim faith in our capacity for creative, powerful democracy.
- Better Work Together by Enspiral
- Handbooks for decentralized organizing